The Weekend Update. Kinda like SNL. Except less funny and more fashion. I think I like it. And while it’s not technically “the weekend”, it might as well be. You know you’re not actually working. Or maybe you are. And in that case, you’ll read this tomorrow. Which makes the title completely appropriate. Obviously, I haven’t quite figured out the name of this new installment since phrases like “Link Love” (which I have totally used in the past) make me want to punch someone in the face. So, title TBD. For now, less violence and more fashion. Onward.
- I have been a whole helluva-lotta MIA. It’s the typical work/life/no-time-to-blog balance thing. More on that in next week’s post about maintaining a healthy work/life balance.
- I’m right in the middle of a long overdue bedroom redesign with Havenly. I can’t wait to share the final product with you but for now check out a little peek I posted last night on Twitter.
- I’m also giving my bathroom a little update and most excited about this completely essential purchase.
- I added a ‘Shop’ page to the blog earlier this week so you can shop the products I gush over on Snapchat and Instagram, as well as the beauty products I use and the new home decor I’m adding to my space.
- My favorite Topshop longline blazer is back in stock in all sizes. It’s, by far, the most versatile piece in my closet. Well worth the $110 price tag.
- Hello, perfect little crossbody. I’ll be taking you to the Sweetlife Festival next weekend.
- I spotted this bag a few week’s ago but I can’t decide if I should spend $89 on a knock around or invest in the real thing.
- This weekend everything Anthropologie is 20% off with code: XOXO. Time to stock up on those Capri candles!
- Snagged these Rachel Zoe slides the second they went on sale. There’s a good chance I’ll be living in them this summer.
- Just bought this dress in black and white. Shocker. But at $55 it’s basically free, right?
- Looking for a last minute gift for mom? This Elizabeth Arden Essence is the latest addition to my beauty routine and I’m loving it, my go-to skincare line, Clinique, has a bunch of great masks right now, and if you’re really struggling for the mom who already has it all, send her a gorgeous bouquet (I chose this one!) from UrbanStems // use code: MOM for $15 off!
- I’m so thankful to Washingtonian for featuring me in April’s issue of What Washington Wears to Work and to all of you who sent emails, tweets, and snaps from the aisles of Whole Foods! This piece was a follow-on to a 2015 online feature. Catch that earlier piece here: A Fashion Blogger at the State Department.
Do you guys like this? Do you hate it? Too many links? Too little sarcasm? Let me know in the comments, tweet, snap, carrier pigeon, whatever. I kinda like touching base this way but like I said earlier, tbd. It’s a work in progress.
ALSO. Happy weekend and to all you mom’s out there: I don’t know how you do it (seriously), and have a glass of wine or 6 on Sunday. You deserve it.