- A GREAT CARRY ON BAG – I never knew how much of a difference having the perfect, yes, PERFECT carry-on bag was until I owned one. While I realize everyone’s preferences are difference, this bag is an easy sell: It’s a super light, hard shell case with 4 spinner wheels which means I’m now one of those people who has a suitcase that glides alongside me instead of wheeling it behind myself, catching my heels every other step. It has an internal compression system, a removal laundry bag (one of my favorite features), and an area for your delicates. It also comes with a rechargeable battery that fits inside the lining of the case (removable for charging) and can charge any device on the go. NO BIG DEAL.
- THE RIGHT TECH – I’m all about a good book on a long flight but nowadays (particularly if you’re flying JetBlue) you have the option to watch live tv in-flight. Who doesn’t want to partake in that deliciousness? Whether travel is long or short, I always make sure I have the essentials: iPhone, iPad, headphones, and smartwatch. The right tech just makes it all that much more simple.
- HYDRATING FACE MASK – Travel wreaks havoc on my skin. I’ve tried moisturizing, not moisturizing, cleansing in-flight… nothing works. My face is always super oily when I reach my destination and it breaks out the next day. I started using this mask before and after travel and it’s solved all of my skin issues. It hydrates, refines, and removes all of that gross travel build up.
- JEWELRY STORAGE – Hudson and Bleeker make a ton of cool travel gear but their jewelry storage is my favorite. I’m really particular about what pieces are stored together and this little protective pack has tons of different areas for every piece you own. Keep the fancy stuff in one of the lined pouches and pack the costume jewelry in the compartments on the other side.
- CASHMERE SWEATER – I could be flying across the Equator and I’d still be freezing on the plane. I always travel in close toed shoes and I always toss this cashmere sweater in my purse to layer or use as a blanket/pillow/back support on longer flights.
- SWELL – This is one of those purchases that may seem a little expensive and frivolous but has turned out to be totally worth it. I no longer waste money on overpriced bottled water from airports and if you politely ask the flight staff, they’ll fill you up while you’re flying. Huzzah! Brilliance.
What are your travel essentials?
This post is in partnership with Away.